Sorting Cookie Cutters

Yesterday, I took the time to lay out all my cookie cutters and organize them by type. I had been given a large tin filled with them from my grandma. This allowed me to take stock of what kinds of shapes I have and what I may still want and look for when I shop.

Cookie Cutters

I learned that I have a lot of bird shapes! I’ve got ducks, chicks, turkeys, etc. So many that they were a category of their own in a gallon size bag instead of the quart size. I used labeled ziplock bags to sort and organize the cutters so that I can more easily find shapes in the future. I really hope work on my royal icing skills in the upcoming months. I just love watching the tutorials and icing clips on Instagram and Youtube and would love to develop my skill more.

Cookie CuttersCookie Cutters

As I was looking through my collection I found two that I am not sure what they are. Let me know if you have any ideas, in the comments.

Mystery Cookie Cutters

Sweetly,

Gwenlynn

9 Comments Add yours

1. Cindy Schroeder says:

A = elephant

1. Gwenlynn says:

That’s what I see too!

2. Cindy Schroeder says:

B = old fashioned Santa

1. Gwenlynn says:

I was thinking maybe that, but I wasn’t sure what the long part jutting out would be.

3. Erin says:

A could be an elephant, but I think B is an angel.

Liked by 1 person

1. Gwenlynn says:

I see an elephant also or anteater, but it’s more likely to be an elephant. Ben also thought B was an angel.

4. I think Elephant and Angel respectively are both right on the money 🙂 Also, with that many bird cutter shapes, you definitely should go into the cake decoration business for ornithologists 🙂

Liked by 1 person